Solar PV: Commercial Photovoltaic
Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems have increased in efficiency and dropped in price to the point where they are becoming a truly cost effective alternative to grid electricity in many applications. Below we will discuss some popular commercial solar PV solutions and our EDGE Energy offerings, But each commercial application is a unique design. Contact us for a free energy efficiency consultation to discuss how solar photovoltaics can impact your site.
Types of Commercial Solar PV Solutions
Some popular commercial solar PV solutions include:
- Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV): Solar PV panels are increasingly incorporated into new domestic and industrial buildings as a principal or ancillary source of electrical power and are one of the fastest growing segments of the photovoltaic industry. Typically, an array is incorporated into the roof or walls of a building, such as b y using roof tiles with integrated PV cells.
- Solar Retrofits: Solar panel arrays can be retrofitted into existing buildings. In this application, they are usually fitted on top of the existing roof structure. Alternatively, an array can be located at ground level and connected by cable to supply power for the building.
- Solar Farms: Some organizations install hundreds or thousands of solar panels on the ground in what is called a “solar farm.” This type of installation becomes necessary if you lack adequate roof space or your roof space is shaded. NASCAR’s Pocono Raceway built a solar farm in 2010 and Dow Jones & Company is constructing one at its corporate offices in central New Jersey.
Our Commercial Solar Photovoltaic Services
EDGE Energy can install commercial solar photovoltaic panels at your site in a variety of ways, including:
- Roof mounted
- In parking lots (as canopies providing both power and shade!)
- On top of parking garages
Contact us to discuss which solar PV solution will best meet your needs.