New Construction Inspections
EDGE Energy offers a number of services for new construction inspections, in accordance with Maryland’s recent adoption of the 2012 version of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC 2012). Some of the improvements in the building code include:
- 75% of light fixtures in each new home need to be “high-efficacy” fixtures (which include LEDs and CFLs)
- Heating and cooling ducts will need to be significantly more airtight
- Blower door testing for building air leakage is required for every new residential structure, and testing requirements have become more stringent
- All homes in zones 3 through 8 will be required to have a whole-house mechanical ventilation system.
- In many climate zones, window glazing U-factor and solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) requirements have been changed.
- Wall insulation requirements have become more stringent in climate zones 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8
- In climate zones 4 and 5, the minimum R-value for attic insulation has been increased from R-38 to R-49
Our BPI and RESNET trained auditors have the knowledge and experience to make sure that your new construction project meets or exceeds all the necessary standards. Some of the services that we offer include: