Home foam insulation, also called spray foam insulation, is a combination of rigid foam board and spray foam that can be used to air seal your home. Many different types of home foam insulation exist for different applications, including 1-part, 2-part, expanding, and fire retardant versions. During our energy audit, we’ll test and identify areas in your home that are in need of air sealing and recommend the most energy efficient home foam insulation solution. We use home foam insulation to air seal basement band joists, and to add insulation in attics and crawlspace insulation. For more information about our EDGE Energy home foam insulation services, contact us for a free energy efficiency consultation or schedule an appointment with us online.
Benefits of Home Foam Insulation
Home foam insulation helps you save energy and costs by fixing and preventing air leakage. Other benefits of spray foam insulation include:
- Can Be Combined with Fiberglass Insulation – The combination of fiberglass insulation and spray foam works in unison to produce higher R-values and better sound control. Spray foam fills all gaps and voids before and/or after fiberglass insulation is installed, ensuring a tight, economical package.
- Virtually Eliminates Air Infiltration – Home foam insulation creates an exterior air barrier that virtually eliminates air infiltration and allows the fiberglass insulation to perform at its maximum efficiency. Expanding spray foam provides nearly 100% fill in tight spaces around pipes and wires.
- Achieves Higher R-Values – “R” stands for resistance to heat flow. The higher the number, the more effective the insulation. You can attain an R-16 in a 2×4 wall frame and an R-24 in a 2×6 wall frame and greater R-values for larger dimensional lumber and I-joists. Spray foam insulation is available in several reactivity profiles and densities.
- Provides Excellent Sound Control – All the gaps and voids in the walls, rim joist, and around pipes are filled using spray foam prior to installing the fiberglass insulation. This improves the sound control provided by insulation compared to only using fiberglass batts.
- Guaranteed Non-Corrosive – All components of our home foam insulation systems are non-corrosive.
To start saving energy at home with energy efficient home foam insulation, contact us to speak with an EDGE Energy expert.