Combustion safety of gas appliances are of utmost importance. Below are some tips designed to help anyone keep their home safe in regards to combustion safety of gas appliances.
- Combustibles like paper, towels, rags, etc. should never be kept near gas appliances
- Flammable aerosol cans, flammable chemicals, etc. should be securely stored and away from any gas appliances
- Anything that alters the air flow near gas appliances should also be kept away
- You should periodically have your appliances checked by a qualified professional
- To provide amble airflow, at least 50 cubic feet of space is needed for every 1,000 BTU of energy